Saturday, July 9, 2016

Double Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies


Hiya!
Sorry it's been so long since I updated. But don't worry, I'm alive. I just got really busy, I had exams, tests, etc. I mean, I only am a 7th grader :). I recently made a batch of double chocolate white chocolate chip cookies, which I just shorten to double cookies, and they were SO SO SO good. I literally ate a whole batch... :O

These cookies are relatively easy to make, and they taste crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy in the middle, with bits of melted chocolate scattered throughout. They are the perfect  treat for any chocaholic *cough* me *cough* and they make enough to share, although I doubt you will want to :)

So without further ado, here is the recipe!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start by preheating your oven to 165C. Line a baking tray with baking paper, and set it aside.



Next, grab your ingredients.



You will need:

- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 + 1/4 cup of sugar
- 4 ounces milk chocolate (chopped) /chocolate chips
- 4 ounces white chocolate (chopped) /chocolate chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ounces separate milk chocolate

To start with, chop the 4 ounces of milk chocolate and white chocolate, and set them aside. You could also use chocolate chips or pre-cut chunks if you don't feel like chopping.



In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Then set it aside.


Then, in a bowl set over a pot of boiling water, melt the other 4 ounces of milk chocolate and butter until smooth, and set this aside as well.



In a separate large bowl, whip together the eggs and sugar, until it has increased in volume, and it is very pale.


Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture to the eggs and sugar, and fold it in gently. Then add in the dry ingredients and mix them in, until it forms a thick, fudgy batter.




Lastly, add in the chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate, depending on what you use. Fold them in.



Drop one inch rounds of batter onto the baking tray, and leave a space between each cookie, because they will spread out as they bake. Then, bake in the oven for 12 minutes or less, depending on your oven. Just be sure not to bake them any longer than 12 minutes, or they will end up hard.


When taking them out of the oven, they will look under-baked, but they will harden as they cool. And I may or may not have eaten one, as soon as they came out of the oven ;)


Then, if you have the patience unlike me, let them cool on a wire rack, until they become a little more firm.


And yes, I ate another one.


The photo above displays my attempts to make it look like I am a professional food photographer, but I failed miserably ;)
Anyhoo, enjoy! See ya net time! Mariam.









No comments:

Post a Comment